Infrastructure works updates
Northshore Hamilton infrastructure upgrades
Over the next 20 years, Northshore Hamilton will become home to 15,000 people, a workplace for 10,000 people and a waterfront recreational destination for thousands more.
These essential roadworks are a part of a broader program of $33.5 million in infrastructure upgrades planned for the Northshore Hamilton Precinct over the next 2 years. Upgrades to amenity and safety include:
- $2million to create a direct road link between Theodore Street and Barcham Street which will reduce traffic pressure on Remora Road.
- This $24million project to upgrade Remora Road, MacArthur Avenue, Hercules Street and Harbour Road, creating additional traffic lanes, a median strip, traffic lights, on street parking, new footpaths, dedicated cycle lanes, bus stops and extensive tree planting to create an appropriate streetscape for a residential, business and retail precinct.
- $7.5 million to upgrade the park at Hercules Street, Remora Road and Kingsford Smith Drive. Works include increasing the park size from 1.5 to 2 hectares, upgrades to playgrounds, a new event space, and new water play.
Residents, retailers and visitors may experience some impact on street parking, traffic delays, detours, construction noise and increased truck movements during the roadworks, however Economic Development Queensland will make every effort to keep disturbance to a minimum.
To keep disruptions to a minimum, the contractor will work under a strict Construction Management Plan (CMP) which will include:
- Permitted work hours
- Noise and dust control
- Traffic management plan.
How can I stay informed of the roadwork program over the next 12 months?
Residents and business owners will be regularly updated regarding specific timing for works and proposed traffic changes in their area via the website, email blasts and letterbox drops.
To ensure you are kept up to date, join our email database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or comments, the project team can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Infrastructure Upgrades (PDF, 268KB)
- Project 1: Direct road link between Theodore Street and Barcham Street (November 2016-March 2017) (PDF, 410KB)
- Project 2: Upgrades to Remora Road, MacArthur Avenue, Hercules Street, Harbour Road (January 2017-April 2018) (PDF, 466KB)
- Project 3: Upgrades to the park at Hercules Street, Remora Road and Kingsford Smith Drive (currently planned to begin in mid-2018) (PDF, 1.1MB)
- 21 July 2017 Project Newsletter #13, (PDF, 194KB)
- 8 July 2017 Project Newsletter #12, (PDF, 314KB)
- 19 June 2017 Project Newsletter #11, (PDF, 116KB)
- 2 June 2017 Project Newsletter #10, (PDF, 133KB)
- 18 May 2017 Project Newsletter #9, (PDF, 875KB)
- 5 May 2017 Project Newsletter #8, (PDF, 384KB)
- 20 April 2017 Project Newsletter #7, (PDF, 394KB)
- 7 April 2017 Project Newsletter #6, (PDF, 161KB)
- 24 March 2017 Project Newsletter #5, (PDF, 305KB)
- 10 March 2017 Project Newsletter #4, (PDF, 437KB)
- 24 Februrary 2017 Project Newsletter #3, (PDF, 716KB)
- 6 Februrary 2017 Project Newsletter #2, (PDF, 426KB)
- 13 January 2017 Project Newsletter #1, (PDF, 301KB)